Iba Drilling Co., Inc.
Benefits of GeoExchange
GeoExchange or ground source heating/cooling systems have many benefits. Here are just a few:
- GeoExchange is the most energy-efficient, environmentally clean, and cost-effective space conditioning system available, according to the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy.
- Now qualifies for 30% federal tax credit as well as state tax credits and some utility rebates (Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency).
- EPA found that GeoExchange heat pumps can reduce energy consumption--and corresponding emissions--by over 40% compared to air source heat pumps and by over 70% compared to electric resistance heating with standard air-conditioning equipment. Combining GeoExchange with other energy-efficient measures, such as window or insulation upgrades, can increase these savings even further.
- GeoExchange heat pumps use the Earth's energy storage capability to heat and cool buildings, and to provide hot water. The earth is a huge energy storage device that absorbs 47% of the sun's energy -- more than 500 times more energy than mankind needs every year -- in the form of clean, renewable energy. GeoExchange heat pumps take this heat during the heating season at an efficiency approaching or exceeding 400%, and return it during the cooling season.
- EPA found that, even on a source fuel basis -- accounting for ALL losses in the fuel cycle including electricity generation at power plants -- GeoExchange systems are much more efficient than competing fuel technologies. They are an average of 48% more efficient than the best gas furnaces on a source fuel basis, and over 75% more efficient than oil furnaces. In fact, today's best GeoExchange systems outperform the best gas technology, gas heat pumps, by an average of 36% in heating mode and 43% in cooling mode!
- Geothermal heat pumps have fewer mechanical components, making them more reliable and less prone to failure. The ground loop has an expected life of over 50 years and requires no maintenance.
- Surveys by utilities indicate a higher level of consumer satisfaction for GeoExchange heat pumps than for conventional systems. Polls consistently show that more than 95% of all GeoExchange heat and cooling customers would recommend GeoExchange to a family member or friend.
- GeoExchange heat pumps represent a savings to homeowners of 30 to 70% in the heating mode, and 20 to 50% in the cooling mode compared to conventional systems.
Iba Drilling Co., Inc.
PO Box 1041
Glendive, Montana 59330
406-687-3344 – shop phone/fax
406-939-1153 - Chris Iba
406-939-6422 - Mike Iba
contact Iba Drilling by email